miércoles, 6 de julio de 2011

Yours truly, Evil Kneival

My friend Larry is a retired entrepreneur from Florida.  He’s lived here in Jaco Beach for about six years,  owns a lovely townhome near Los Suenos, and thoroughly enjoys his lifestyle here in Costa Rica.  We ride our motorcycles on adventure journeys, but Larry, being retired, gets to take more jaunts than I do.  One of my favorite treks is to a mountain town called Puriscal.  It’s about a 90 minute ride, through some of the most exquisite scenery you could imagine.  Mango groves, quaint little villages, avoiding iguanas crossing the road…natural beauty abounds as we putt-putt through rainforests into Puriscal.  It’s a vibrant little town, home to Vegas de Santiago, a cigar factory that rolls some of the best puros I’ve ever puffed on.  Picture, if you will, a wine-tasting at a fine vintner….only change it to cigars.  I purchase enough to fill my humidor, then we head down the street for a Chinese lunch, walk around town for a bit, jump on the bikes and head back to Jaco.  What a day!  I have no idea what I’m going to do for vacation, for it feels like vacation here every day.  My next blog will talk about meat.  Hasta luego from your friend in real estate in Jaco Beach, Costa Rica.  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario